REAL ESTATE CORNER BY CECILIA STEWART
When you look around at all the stuff in your home, does the thought of spring cleaning fill you with dread? Have no fear! Here are 10 easy tips to declutter and refresh your living space.
- Boxes Ready. Have three boxes. Label them Trash, Donate and Keep.
- Love It or Lose It. If you haven’t used it or worn it in six months to a year, you probably don’t love it. Right?
- A Place for Everything and Everything in Its Place. Buy organizer inserts, baskets, storage bins and label them.
- Take It Slow. Clean room by room; clean one room each week.
- Beat the Clock. For each room set the timer for one hour. Ready, set, go!
- The Basics. Clean windows, mirrors, refrigerator, stove and floors.
- Pump Up the Volume. Make it fun, play your favourite tunes while cleaning.
- Divide and Conquer. Make it a family affair or hire a cleaning service.
- Sell It. Make some money selling your unwanted items.
- Reward. Take time to reward yourself at the end of all your hard work!
Born and raised in Vancouver, Cecilia Stewart attended Vancouver Technical high school and now works, lives and raises her family in Renfrew Heights. She is a licensed realtor, home stager and decorator. www.ceciliastewart.ca, www.CSihomestaging.ca, 604-816-1595
Copyright (c) 2016 Renfrew-Collingwood Community News